Some relevant online journals
Journal of Oceonography and Marine Science (JOMS) is an open access journal of articles in all areas of the subject such as Fracture zones, Oceanographic Time-Series, Oceanographic instrumentation, Marine geology, plate tectonics, paleoceanography etc. It is published monthly (one volume per year) by Academic Journals.
Aquaculture is an international journal for the exploration, improvement and management of all freshwater and marine food resources published by Elsevier and availble in Science Direct
The Western Indian Ocean Journal of Marine Science(WIOJMS) provides an avenue for the wide dissemination of high quality research generated in the Western Indian Ocean (WIO) region, in particular on the sustainable use of coastal and marine resources. Acess is given through African Journals Online
The African (formerly South African) Journal of Marine Science provides an international forum for the publication of original scientific contributions or critical reviews, involving oceanic, shelf or estuarine waters, inclusive of oceanography, studies of organisms and their habitats, and aquaculture. Published by taylor & Francis with NISC.
- Scopus The World's largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources
Free & Open Access Resources
- African Journals Online (AJOL) (Aquatic Sciences)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar (search by keyword, topic)
- HighWire Press
- Intech Open Access Publisher
Accessing UG resources off campus
Note that, while on campus databases are easily accessible. You do not need username/password to access UG journal databases while on campus except for AGORA and OARE. However, you do need to register for off campus access to be able to access all other databases when you are not on campus or are using your own mobile device for Internet access.
To register for off-campus access, follow these steps:
- Go to http://library.ug.edu.gh
- Click on Off- campus access to E-resources
- Click on Register for off-campus access….
- Fill the form that appears and submit
- Take note of your chosen username/password which you will require, to login after you are authenticated.
Note that all those who want to access HINARI must first register for off-campus access and subsequently use that username/password to get into HINARI whether on campus or off-campus.