Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Relevant Web Sources
List of websites relevant to Modern Language studies
- Oxford Bibliographies Searchable bibliographies covering major areas of scholarship within various disciplines
- Oxford Handbooks Online [full-text] Provides access to review essays covering key issues and exploring major debates across several subject areas, including history, linguistics, literature and political science
- Social Sciences Citation Index Part of Web of Science, this citation index gives references to journal articles, letters, editorials, notes, meeting abstracts, discussions, music scores, poems, plus reviews of literature, performances and recordings in social science subjects.
What is RSS?
- RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication.
- An RSS feed is simply a list of items, each containing a headline, description, and a link to a web page.
- Websites provide RSS feeds so you can subscribe to their content and receive updates automatically.
Quick Fact Online
- InfoPlease. Provides factual information. Includes atlas, encyclopedia, dictionary, thesaurus.
- World Factbook. Provides information on history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for world entities.
- Video Library. A video Library
Search Engines for various Languages
Subject Librarian, School of Languages